Monday, October 26, 2009

Week 8

The Voice Threads that I watched and commented on were

  1. Leslie-Sink or Float
  2. Betsy and Natalee-Phases of the Moon
  3. Aubrianne-Rotation of Earth, moon, and sun

I learned that there really are a lot of ways that technology can be used to teach science in a classroom. It did seem like Stellarium was only used to teach the phases of the moon, but it would be really good to teach constellations, too. Also, in Aubrianne’s post, she and her group used it to explore the rotation of the sun, moon, and Earth. They also asked the students to observe how the moon moves across the sky, even though you can’t see it. I also learned a lot more about Kidsperation from this, and I really liked it. I think that it is a really good program for kids to use. It is very kid friendly and colorful. I am sure that kids would really like using that program.

No comments:

Post a Comment