Monday, October 5, 2009

Week Five

For my virtual tour, the children will explore 3rd grade, social studies, Standard One, Objective 2 a. This objective is about describing ecosystems that are found in the world. I chose this because I thought that it would be fun to take a virtual tour of four of the major ecosystems and see them first hand, rather than read about these systems from a textbook. As I just said, Google Earth is really beneficial when teaching children about things that they can’t see right in front of them. The children are much more likely to become excited about seeing the Tundra in Greenland than from reading about it in their textbook. I must admit, before I explored Google Earth, I didn’t think that a virtual tour was very beneficial. However, now that I have seen the many uses and functions that Google Earth has, I am glad that I am learning how to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment